WHAT INFORMATION DO I COLLECT AND HOW IS IT USED?
Information You Voluntarily Submit to the Website: I may collect personal information from you such as your name or email address. You may voluntarily submit information to the Website by leaving a comment, subscribing to a newsletter, or submitting a contact form.
Information I Collect from Others: You may link your Facebook, Instagram, and/or Google accounts to your user profile on Loving My Locs. If you choose to do so, I will receive your name, email address, and profile picture associated with that account. The website utilizes social media commenting systems, so if you choose to comment on a post, your profile picture will appear.
Automatically-Collected Information: I automatically collect certain information about you and the device with which you access the Website. For example, when you use the Website, I will log your IP address, operating system type, browser type, referring website, pages you viewed, and the dates/times when you accessed the Website. I may also collect information about actions you take when using the Website, such as links clicked.
Cookies: I may log information using cookies, which are small data files stored on your browser by the Website. I may use both session cookies, which expire when you close your browser, and persistent cookies, which stay on your browser until deleted, to provide you with a more personalized experience on the Website.
How Your Information May Be Used
I may use the information collected in the following ways:
- To operate and maintain the Website: This includes creating your account, identifying you as a user of the Website, and customizing the Website for your account.
- To send you promotional information, such as newsletters: Each email promotion will provide information on how to opt-out of future mailings.
- To send you administrative communications: These might include administrative emails, confirmation emails, technical notices, updates on policies, or security alerts.
- To respond to your comments or inquiries: This helps me engage with the community and address any questions or concerns.
- To provide you with user support: This might include assisting with any issues or challenges you face while using the website.
- To track and measure advertising on the Website: This helps me understand what content or promotions are most engaging to the community.
- To protect, investigate, and deter against unauthorized or illegal activity: I am committed to ensuring the safety and integrity of the site and its users.
Third-Party Use of Personal Information
I may share your information with third parties when you explicitly authorize me to share your information. Additionally, Loving My Locs may use third-party service providers to service various aspects of the Website. Each third-party service provider’s use of your personal information is dictated by their respective privacy policies.
Currently, the Website uses the following third-party service providers:
- Google Analytics: This service tracks Website usage and provides information such as referring websites and user actions on the Website. Google Analytics may capture your IP address, but no other personal information is captured by Google Analytics.
- Newsletters: On Loving My Locs, you may subscribe to my newsletter, which may be used for advertising purposes. All newsletters sent may contain tracking pixels, allowing me to analyze the success of online marketing campaigns and adapt the content of future newsletters to the interests of the users.
I take great care in choosing third-party providers and ensure that privacy protections are in place. The collaboration with these providers enables me to offer specific features and improve the overall experience on Loving My Locs.
Rights Related to Your Personal Information
- Opt-out: You may opt-out of future email communications by following the unsubscribe links in my emails. You may also notify me at firstname.lastname@example.org to be removed from the mailing list.
- Amend: If you would like to amend or update your personal information, you can contact me at email@example.com.
- Forget: In certain situations, you may request that I erase or forget your personal data. To do so, please submit a request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Sensitive Personal Information
Suggested text: When visitors leave comments on the site we collect the data shown in the comments form, and also the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection.
Embedded content from other websites
Suggested text: Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
Loving My Locs does not knowingly collect any personally identifiable information from children under the age of 16. If a parent or guardian believes that the website has personally identifiable information of a child under the age of 16 in its database, please contact me immediately at email@example.com. I will do my best to promptly remove such information from my records.